Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I make dedicated graphics card use the onboard monitor output?

I got a computer from a friend and the graphics card in it is a Geforce 8600 GTS, 256mb dedicated card and it has 2x DVI-I Dual link outputs aswell as an S-Video output.



I had to take the card out to get the computer to use the onboard VGA output, It seems to be very hard to come by an adapter for DVI-I Dual link, 24+5 pin male to 15 pin VGA female so I'm wondering if there is anyway I can force the card to use the onboard VGA output or do I definitely need to get an adapter for the card?



Thanks, Best answer 10 points|||Definitely need and adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…|||The on board output is connected to a video chip set on the board. That is the only thing that can output through it.

Afraid you'll need the adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment