Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dual monitors what kind of video card and fan?

I have a Emachine EL1331G computer. I was wanting to install a video card with a vga output that would allow me to connect a dual monitor. Problem though I have with video cards is they tend to overheat on me so I need to find a fan that would cool that down for me also. I was thinking of going to Microcenter in a little while to look but would like to have an idea of what I need. I was looking on their website but wasn't real sure. My computer is slim line so I don't know if that poses a problem or not. Any suggestions? thank you|||As the chap above said.



I am using a Radeon HD 4550 and currently use two VGA monitors out. One from the VGA port and 1 with a DVI-I to VGA adaptor. I am using a fanless version, but they come with fans and different sized back plates to fit the VGA, DVI, HDMI ports onto one (Full sized) or two (DVI and HDMI on one, VGA on a separate plate.|||Slimlines are a pain to upgrade because they lack space and spare power capacity.



My solution would be to buy a Radeon HD 5450 card. It's low profile and low powered (19W max). If you really need 2 VGA outputs, however, you'll need to buy the version that comes with a Display Port and get a Displayport to VGA adapter. VGA is the oldest interface, and current cards come with three ports, typically 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 HDMI or DisplayPort



If you've somehow got more power to spare, the more powerful 5570 (43W) is a more powerful option.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcom…|||Just get a low powered one that doesn't need a fan



You can get a 8400GS for less then $50

No comments:

Post a Comment