Friday, April 27, 2012

How do I foce my computer to keep dual-monitor output ON at all times?

I have a (very new and shiny) PC with a very (also new and shiny) high-end

video card (nVidia, dual DVI-out). I have one plug going to a 43'' plasma TV

that is basically a digital billboard in a hallway for an organization.



The other DVI-out on the video card was plugged into a really crappy 13''

monitor (set as the primary display).



When we were done getting it all set, I stuck the computer under a desk and

decided I could just use VNC or something if I needed to interact with it's

desktop.



But when I unplug the 13'' POS monitor, after the next reboot it is disabled

as a monitor, it's re-adjusted the TV as the primary and only monitor, and my

taskbar/desktop/etc are showing around the digital signage that I want it to

show.



I can adjust the resolution to make it look just fine in single monitor

mode, but then everyone looking at the sign sees my desktop as I'm making

changes to it or controlling it via VNC remote desktop link. And that's no

bueno.|||You will have to keep a monitor plugged into the computer. There is no way that I am aware of to force the computer to keep dual monitor output on at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment