Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do I need a vga to dvi adapter to set up dual monitors? I have onboard video and onboard dvi on my motherboard?

and I have a pci xpress nvidia gt240 ddr5 1gb card that also has a dvi port, the thing is both of my monitors only have vga output, one is connected the other isn't and I cant connect it to dvi. I wont be able to just connect it to the on board vga and expect it to work right?|||No. That will NOT work. The onboard graphics is AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED in the presence of an add-on graphics card like the GT240.



Both your monitors must be connected to the GT240 if you want to run dual monitors.



Check your GT240's specifications and see if its DVI port is a DVI-I port that can also send out a VGA signal. If it is indeed a DVI-I port, it can be connected to a VGA monitor using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment