Friday, April 27, 2012

Sometimes no video card output, strage problem! Help needed!?

Hi guys,



I have a strange problem (I have actually registered hete to post it): My NVidia 250 GTS is sometimes not recognised by my computer.

I've tried:

- Cleaning, replugging cables, checking everything...

- checking my screen + cable. Nothing wrong.

- videocard in another computer, 3 day boot sequence and benchmarks, all green light.

- another PSU, not the problem.

- updating BIOS, not the problem.

- reinstalling + updating drivers.



Right now I'm on my onboard graphics card, which always works when my videocard doesnt. Once in a while, my videocard gives output, and I haven't been able to spot any pattern when it's doing so...



My rig:

Intel Quad core Q6600, 4 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 250 GTS, 256 MB

650 GB HDD, Windows 7 32bit + Ubuntu 10.10 dual-boot



Please respond, I'm out of options...



Thanks in advance,

Hidde|||Can you please ask the question in Ubuntu Forum?

http://ubuntuforums.org/

It is much more easier to answer questions there than in yahoo answers. Ubuntu forum is the proper place for asking any kind of question (dumb or smart) related to ubuntu. Thousands of users are there, so you'll get your answer quickly and correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment