Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card: PCI and Onboard = Dual monitors?

Ok, I have been doing a ton of research all night. I need some real help from someone professional. I have a radeon that I bought inside my pc which obviously replaced the display from my onboard. But, i really want to use my onboard along with my new video card for two displays. I went to my BIOS. It had the three options: 1. PCI - this is the one I installed 2. PCI - E.... that is PCI express. Also, the one I installed along with something different. Not sure what. 3. Is the onboard one. There is NO option to do both. So, the question is: Is there any hardware or anything I can do or get to give me the option to have two. And please don't give me the crap about buying a card with two VGA outputs. I don't want to spend the money right now. If there is another solution.. i want to use it. Please help me. Thanks!|||nope there is no other way. you will only develop conflicts within the system if you try using both onboard and video card.|||Hi

They way that you get two monitors working is buy two video cards the same (make sure they don't need a clip) and insert them into your computer as I had to do that to get two monitors on mine. I know it's a pain but that's how computers are now. If you were to get any just go to a computer swap meet and pick two up the same size for about $20.00 max it may be less and get them tested down there.



Alex|||I am unsure of onboards if the mobo actually shuts the circuit you have no way to use it, and only Linux I know can possibly do what you intended as an extended desktop using two separate drivers no crap on SLI or Crossfire;



I played on having an NV TNT2 AGP with ATI Mach64 PCI driving an extended Linux desktop across two monitors, even now Windows can only have one display driver active contrary to what Linux's GUI could do years ago, and hybrid Crossfire across buses does not yet exist.|||No, I don't think you can do that... it's an either/or sort of thing. I believe you would have a major conflict with the OS software trying to run two different video outputs from different output sources...|||You shouldnt need two video cards, Im running two on the same card, But since you dont have that option then you cant do it as far as i know. Maybe check google youtube places like that

Good Luck|||Buy a VGA splitter with X number of outputs.

No comments:

Post a Comment