Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can a Video card with DVI & VGA outputs support Dual Monitors?

Question....this is for an older gForce FX5500 card. It has 1 DVI port & 1 VGA port. Can I run 2 monitors total off of this card? 1 of my monitors has a DVI input as well, I just need a cable.|||If it has dual outputs, it should support dual monitors. that type of card has been used for dual output by others.



http://froogle.google.com/products/revie…|||Yes it can, as long as 1 monitor is dvi and the other one is vga.



You can have both of the same kind too but you'll need a vga-dvi adapter|||Not sure, hard to tell on the Nvidia website, but take a look at the manual that came with the card. It will tell you if the feature is supported, I know my card has that, but it is an ATI card, not GeForce card. I am pretty sure that you can do dual screen on that card.|||Yes, if it has an S-Video out as well, you could even use a TV for this.



And to the guy above me, it is a Nvidia card, just one of the ones we Nvidia fans want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment