Thursday, April 26, 2012

What to look for when buying a video card?

i am trying to set up a dual monitor for my desktop and i want to use my 46" tv as one of my monitor. But my desktop currently does not have ports for two monitors so i need to buy a video card that does. I am not very familiar with computer things. I know that my cpu has PCI express interface. What are the things that i should look for in the video card so that i can get the best resolution of video? When i tried to hook up the tv as monitor using a VGA cable, the video was kinda fuzzy. I am looking for something around 100 bucks. Please recommend me some video cards as there are so many of them and i am just confused. I am thinking that this video card should have a VGA and HDMI output as my computer monitor has VGA port and HDMI is best for the tvs? Thanks in advance.|||this website tells you what you need to look for before you buy it

http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_ca…|||Video cards are not my strong suit but you need to be aware that a video card might overtax your power supply. If your power supply is around 400 watts then you should be fine on the power.|||Well i just got my video card a few months ago and i love it. When looking for a video card make sure its not a brand that is unpopular or is not reviewed much. I looked for how much RAMM and stream processors that it has and also the length which almost got me because it just barely fit into my case. Make sure that it also has good cooling which is also a big thing. I have a 9800 GTX+ which is around $120 bucks.|||I recommend an ATI HD5670, which is the latest DirectX-11 video card from ATI.



The HD5670 supports up to THREE monitors, and has an HDMI port which you can connect directly to your HDTV using an HDMI cable, for a totally digital connection.



The HD5670 costs $100 and draws less than 70 watts of power (no 6-pin PCIe power supply plug necessary), so it will work with practically any power supply out there.



The HD5670's DVI port can also send out an analog VGA signal, so you can connect that to your old VGA-only monitor using the DVI-to-VGA adapter which is included with the card.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||i have a nvdia geforce 9800gt 512mb

costs $70-110

it is a terrific graphics card with two vga ports and a hdmi outputs



considering the fact that you want to use your tv as a monitor, you might want the 1gb version.

No comments:

Post a Comment